Water restrictions?

Does anybody know of a web site that gives the current rules regarding watering restrictions (or otherwise) region by region. We are in dept 86 and locally we are getting very conflicting advice.

Really we just want to make sure that its ok to water the potager, etc, or otherwise!!

We have looked in the local papers and asked our neighbours but with no definitive answer. We'd love to see this officially somewhere to make sure we're doing the right thing.

Thanks

Hazel

I did see a site mentioned somewhere that covered all France (and probably made little allowance for local conditions). I would ask at your Marie or Prefecture as they would be the ones who know for your locality. Some people have said the Prefecture is better.

Ian.

Thanks Ian for your reply which was good advice, but our local Marie were unsure of the position and our local prefecture is half an hours drive away which is why we were trying to find a web site to look at.

We are going to check out the web site that Sue (I think) suggested.

Thanks all

Hazel

I've been looking at the web site Su recommended which is updated regularly - look for the latest date column for your region.

This has been really helpful, as far as I can see there are no formal restrictions in department 86 for households at the moment, but we can see that the situation is becoming critical so we are using our washing up water for essential plants and veggies and being conservative with our use of water generally.

Hazel