What is this forum for?

Personally, I enjoy both forums. I just really wish this one would run as quickly on my doddery old dial-up as quickly as the others do.  If it had I would not have ventured to look elsewhere.

Well things may have changed since I last visited LF regularly but, boy, at one time it was scary with abuse being thrown all around by all sorts.

There's still tons of useful inforamtion to be gained and shared wherever you look.  Make the most of everything that's available is what I say.  We all have a useful contribution to make to someone, somewhere, no matter how small or insignificant whether it's enlightening someone on "bugs down a bog" or cheering up an unhappy person by offering a virtual coffee or shoulder to lean on. Live and let live.

Ian, I miss you!

[quote]Take your point, Mrs MDW, but remember why Ian stopped posting there! And some of those shoulder needers...[/quote]

I know and I think it is a huge shame things got so "out of hand".  These things do happen from time to time in the virtual world and in real life.

Personally, I find it hard living in France and, from time to time, I'm one of those "shoulder needers" too! 

Off topic a bit - but they are opening a new museum to celebrate the history of the GP motor circuit at St Gaudens later this year, so I've heard.

Back to topic.  A balance of information and good company is all I ask for. And I know where to find it - in more than one place (...dreams of a ADSL connection...)