Is total France down

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick - I'm sure you know really. But for those who may not be aware (Total France's admin will probably kill me for this, or I'll be banned for life from looking at his forum)...

Living France (or 'the other place' as we get referred to over there) got a little too robust for some users, who thought a French forum should be mostly sweetness and light. They found a place which suited them far more at Total France, where they could discuss things like the ten Frenchmen they would most like to invite to dinner. So to certain people who stayed here, preferring to trade insults between teachers and truckers or similar, the Total France forum became known as a place for pink fluffy bunnies. It's sort of explained in the topic here http://forums.livingfrance.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=296&MessageID=204829 (what is this forum for?).

Of course Total France has sensible and useful discussion as well as lists and mutual admiration. We have no problem with it or any other France forum as all have a different appeal and all can exist happily alongside each other.

Seriously, Total France is run virtually entirely by a couple of unpaid people who put in a ridiculous amount of time and effort, I for one don't understand why they do so, or how thay have managed to keep it up for so long and so professionally. Even they have to come to France on holiday sometimes and this happens to be one of those times. Sod's law says that if you are going to have a major server crash or something (not saying that's what's happened, I have no idea) then it will happen exactly when you are least able to deal with it.

[quote]Nick - I'm sure you know really. But for those who may not be aware (Total France's admin will probably kill me for this, or I'll be banned for life from looking at his forum)... Living France (or 't...[/quote]

I quite like the reference of 'the other place' to LF. Its a bit like the distinction between the House of Commons and Lords and no, I'm not saying which one is which!!

Going back to Dicks fluffy pink references, as I said on another thread, each to their own. I quite like the silly side, but others don't and I can respect their views. It would be quite a boring world if we all had the same views. Each of the three sites I visit has its own personality and long may they all continue.

[quote]I just tried to log on to TF and it tried to become a download... very weird. The whole TF site appears to be gone.[/quote]

**I just tried to log on to TF and it tried to become a download... very weird.**

On my Mac as well. I didn't try, naturally. Totally weird! There must be a bunch of chit-chatters down there having terrible withdrawal. (g)

[quote]Lennon's alter ego is back!Give it up, man, come back to the light![/quote]

I tend to lurk more than I should on here Dick, rather than post. I will try and post more. Although in my defence, I have had to change my user name and should really have a larger number of postings against my name.

[quote]Lennon's alter ego is back!Give it up, man, come back to the light![/quote]

Spill the beans Dick, what do you mean ? Is the Villa supporter (Sorry about Cole by the way but he really should be a much better player by now don't you think ?)on dual nationality ?

[quote]Spill the beans Dick, what do you mean ? Is the Villa supporter (Sorry about Cole by the way but he really should be a much better player by now don't you think ?)on dual nationality ?[/quote]

Now now Miki. I'm not the only one with dual (or even triple nationality) am I? I used to post under my own name here as well, but I can't remember why and when I had to change. In regard to Carlton Cole, he had a fair chance at the Villa but never really impressed. I hear rumours of a move to Portsmouth? I'm looking forward to the start of the footie season, but with no real hopes of anything more than a top six finish or a good run in the cups. Not like your beloved Blues eh? I think you'll be in a race with Manure (Arsenal 3rd) for the Premiership.

And Dick I was going to start the 'Dick Smith Pink and Fluffy Club' on TF but then realised I was just being silly and that is not how TF operates is it?

Interesting that within 6 minutes of me making a posting on the reopened 'other place' someone (anonymous, of course) had linked my answer to this thread - presumably to get some aggro going?

So perhaps it isn't all pink and fluffy over there after all (as Deimos and Miki have found out).

[quote]Interesting that within 6 minutes of me making a posting on the reopened 'other place' someone (anonymous, of course) had linked my answer to this thread - presumably to get some aggro going?So perhap...[/quote]

Yes I noticed that, was going to post something but then thought no, it will only start aggro and that is probably what they want.

BTW you're not telling me that Miki can't look after himself are you?

[quote]I think that Miki's posts have, on some occasions, exhibited an ability to rigourously and passionately defend his position, yes.[/quote]

** rigourously and passionately**

Hmmmm . . . . I can think of a few different adjectives. I DO get to have that opinion, I think.

[quote]** rigourously and passionately**Hmmmm . . . . I can think of a few different adjectives. I DO get to have that opinion, I think.[/quote]

Ray you have the appearance of a troll but I didn't think you were one?

Leave the one liners to Yanks who know how to make them funny, mind you having said that, the King, alias Bob Hope was an Englander !!

Lennon, I think Pompey have been sniffing about, the new French manager there is trying to get a fairly stong squad together for the new season

Dick said "...I think that Miki's posts have, on some occasions, exhibited an ability to rigourously and passionately defend his position, yes."

Thanks Dick, that allowed the chap above to have a little pop, still if it pleases.......

but I think we both agree (and others as well of course), that if one truly believes one is justified in believing deeply in something, then on occasion those people will defend the position as they see it, debate, debate, debate....or in Bush's case..

How come you two reprobates (not you Ray, just in case you read something in to that as well are back on TF and it still shows up as a index.php affair to open when I try ?

"So perhaps it isn't all pink and fluffy over there after all" what? pink bunnies with teeth, this is what happens when the server goes down for 28 hours, people pick up bad habits but only for a little entertainment and not anonymous for I own up but honestly just a little fun I could not help it sorry if it offended you cheers Rik or newboy