Electricity Supply Costs

This is a bit cheeky, as I am being lazy by asking here rather than wading through the EDF website.

We have a 9kW supply, monthly abonnement €13,47, Heures Creuses at €0,045/kWh, Heures Pleines at €0.067/kWh.

If we go for a higher wattage supply (what would that be? 12kWh? 15?) so we can put in some more electric radiators, what would I pay for abonnement, HC and HP?

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone with an EDF bill close to hand!

I've often looked at some of the threads regarding electricity before and notice that the normal questions being asked relate to increasing the supply. Dick's question has prompted me to look at our EDF bills just to check what our supply is (and to answer his query, but I was beaten to it).

We have an all electric house; water heating, two fridges, freezer, oven and hob, washing machine, tumble dryer, dish washer and underfloor heating and our supply is the same as Dick has at the moment. We never have problems with the supply tripping out, so I really do wonder why it is neccessary in some cases to increase the supply.

Incidentially we have exactly the same supply that Dick has at present.

Benjamin

It seems to be the electric radiators that do it, although it hasn't happened for a while - but the real issue is when I convert an old shed to a workshop and start putting some machinery in. We have 3 radiators only, and need to put in a fourth. Although I actually prefer gas heaters.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]It seems to be the electric radiators that do it, although it hasn't happened for a while - but the real issue is when I convert an old shed to a workshop and start putting some machinery in. We have 3 radiators only, and need to put in a fourth. Although I actually prefer gas heaters.
[/quote]

Tell me about it! We have to be careful in our rented house with the 11 year old 'convecteurs electriques' as there are 9 of them and their total power input comes to 9.25KW and we (only) have a 9 KW supply. So some of them are never put on as we do need electric light, (v small) kettle, microwave etc for being able to see and to cook etc; never mind use the pc. We bought a tumble dryer (for dire emergencies only ie we have run out of clean, dry bedding) but I have to be very circumspect as to when it goes on as it uses 4KW all by itself. There is little more concentrating of the mind than seeing the compteur whizz round frenetically and me wondering if the supply will cut itself off or not - it is quite fun at times, it is also useful that I am reasonable at arithmetic or else we would be in (even more) dire straits. But move to 12 KW - not if I can help it.

Sue

We have never had electric radiators, but I used to have terrible problems with things tripping out. We upped ours once and then once again and I stopped rale'ing.

There you go all the tarrifs. The abonnement bumps up quite a bit once you start increasing supply. Was the amount you quoted HT or TTC, or has it just gone up.  In case anyone asks HT is without VAT and TTC is with.

Puissance souscrite
(kVA)
Réglage Disjoncteur
(A)
Abonnement annuel
TTC (Euros)
Heures Pleines pour 1 kWh
TTC (Euros)
Heures Creuses pour 1 kWh
TTC (Euros)

83 euros difference a year between 9 and 12 kva. I repeat that is per year !

Or, you can hold off using a tumble dryer until it is warm enough to switch a radiator off, or perhaps use a wind-up radio, and keep a torch handy in case anybody actually switches on too many radiators at night ?