Blue chemical for porta potti?

Hi everyone,
We are currently out of the blue chemical for our porta potti and have searched every shop we visit for another bottle - they all seem to sell the pink deodoriser but not the blue.
Please, please does anyone know where we can buy it - we are getting desperate now!!!
I wondered if we could use a tiny amount of the stuff you put in the fosse septic - would this work?
We live in department 24 near La Coquille
Thanks in advance for any help
Val

[quote user="Haventgotone"]Hi everyone,

We are currently out of the blue chemical for our porta potti and have searched every shop we visit for another bottle - they all seem to sell the pink deodoriser but not the blue.

Please, please does anyone know where we can buy it - we are getting desperate now!!!

I wondered if we could use a tiny amount of the stuff you put in the fosse septic - would this work?

We live in department 24 near La Coquille

Thanks in advance for any help

Val
[/quote]

I found something called "Water Fluid pour WC Chemiques" at an Intermarche. It comes in a small pink container with a blue lid. It has a feint blue tint to it but works well.

Mr Bricolage have stuff for chemical loos too.

I have just noticed that you mention finding deodoriser but Mr Bricolage sell the proper stuff.

We were living in a caravan for a couple of years before we moved over here and a one point in Ireland we ran out of blue stuff and were miles away from a camping supply shop. So in the end we just didn't bother using any chemicals. There wasn't much of a difference smell wise, it smells bad regardless, so we didn't bother using any again after that. Also it has some nasty chemicals in  eg formaldehyde, which is not good for you. I'd personally rather smell the yuck than the yuck mixed with the horrible smell and toxic chemicals of the blue stuff! Also porta pottis using it shouldn't be emptied in to septic tanks, maybe why it is not readily available over here. We never bothered with the special toilet paper either, just buy the really cheap value stuff, which they have plenty of over here, as it breaks down easily. In the end it all works out a lot cheaper!

Louise