Play Station Games

Am not sure if this is the appropriate site to post but cannot find anything relating to the subject.  Son would like to purchase a ps2 game that, at the moment, only seems to be available in the USA.  Does anyone know if it would be compatible with a ps2 purchased in the UK.  Many thanks.

My children's french friend bought them a PS2 game here for their UK PS2 for their birthday and you can change the language just like the ones we buy in Britain.  I also think that you can order PS2 games over the internet on lots of sites from lots of countries and they work in all countries. I really don't understand though why it would only be available in the USA as they are usually keen to share their stuff with us. Or is it a very new game?  It all depends who you are buying it from, as like video bootlegs, they don't usually work properly. Is it an internet site?

Georgina

Georgina

Many thanks for the info.  We have bought many games here that have been absolutely fine, this one we have subsequently discovered is only being released in America (American footie) and will not be compatible, NTSC or some such thing. Suffice to say, be careful and just stick to the European released games.