time to say Au Revoir.....

Rosebud

Our two year sojourn in France is now coming to an end.  OH's work here is done, and it's time to return to our chosen homeland.  We had thought we'd stay, but it turned out is isn't for us, so it's home we go......

What will I miss?

Well, the weather of course!  and the lovely friends we've made.  The friendly locals and the lovely countryside.....

What won't I miss?

The banks!  Anybody 'official', the dogdirt & the urinating men (Toulouse is a public loo to them all!) 

We'll be returning only for an annual holiday now, to keep up with our pals.......

This board has been a source of much inspiration, information, and entertainment!  I may still pop back in from time to time, just to see how you all are......

Bonne chance everybody.......[:D][:D]

I can and do appreciate the thought process.  However after 40 years in the law and after having a home here for over six years the return trip to France became a reality in May 2005.

However had to go back last week for some legal work and spent five hours in a traffic jam from Poole to Bristol.

Should have known better? but it was the time of the Dorset County Show and the big steam fair that takes place that week end in Blandford.

Went via Dorchester to Yeovil then M5 a disaster got off at Bridgwater to Street and Glastonbury three mile tail back.  Then back to the M5 chocker block to Avonmouth Bridge.  Off at Weston then via Congresbury then up the main road to Bristol arrived too late for the hearing.  Normally slightly over 100 miles and about two hours or so.

Here a comment from the British press 'Reading the British press from my home in the South West France I am remind myself why my husband and I relocated here.

Tony Blair is way past his use by date the prison system is a shambles Naseem Hamed's early release being a case in point and political correctness is risible.

I will always regard myself as British but I am just so sad to read how life has become in Britain. Well its another glass of wine for this ostrich here and I could not be happier'

Pro's and con's all over the place but we would wish you well and perhaps your life is somewhat brighter for spending the two years here in France.  Life is all about compartments some are better than others but perhaps it is the case that overall you have enjoyed yourself in France?  Take care and bon voyage.

Thanks all for the well wishes....

Actually, one thing we never got around to doing whilst we were here was make that trip over to the Atlantic coast.  Still, maybe we'll get a chance on one of our hols.

Llwyncelyn, I fully agree with your sentiments about the UK roads.  We too struggle with the sheer numbers of cars on the roads whenever we visit.  I do love the UK, it will always be 'home' in a way, but we left there many moons ago, never to return.

Home for us is Central Switzerland.  It's where we met, where our kids were (and will be!) born,  and it's where we've chosen to put down roots......Oh, we speak the lingo there too, it helps! [;-)]

....and to answer your question...YES, we have, for the most part, enjoyed France [:)]