Anyone going to the Louvre soon?

transit

Im after the name and artist of a certain painting in the Louvre. I know the rough whereabouts of the painting and can also give a description of it. I live in Australia though so I cant go there myself to find out what it is called. I've tried the official website and even emailed a few people but never got any responses. Can anyone take the time out of their day to help me out please?

I remember going to the Louvre when I first went to Paris in the mid-70's. I made the point of going to see the Mona Lisa on my first day off from work.

What a disappointment!.

I expected something very grand and big and in all the painting is not much more than 20in x 30in (approx) It was inside a bullet proof glass exhibition cabinet. Overall very dark and gloomy. The photos in books etc... make it look so much brighter than it actually is.

And the queue!!!!...... The most funny people were the Japanese tourists taking zillions of photos, then BOWING!! in reverence as they left .....

[quote user="Chauffour"][quote user="nufan"]

Apparently, she just had a baby when the painting was done....

[/quote]

the Da vinci cod ?  [:P]

[/quote]

They discovered that she is wearing a very thin piece of silk above her clothes, which every new mother wore at that time. They say it could explain her smile...

And no, Chauffour, it's not in the Da Vinci Code...[:P]