The big debate - Royal vs Sarkozy last night

I have to agree that Royal came across as strident. I also have an uneasy feeling about her (orchestrated? belated?) anger...

On her last appearances since the debate, instead of selling her policies, she's been trying to scare the voters by saying 'don't vote for him because...' which, to me, is a sign she thinks she has lost.

Sarkosy will probably win, and as they're prone to, French voters will probably go for a left majority in the June elections, to compensate for their 'mistake'!

I watched the final hour of the debate and was surprised by how much I understood. I was impressed too, not so much by the arguments, but by the delivery. Both candidates were way more articulate than UK politicians. And while some of the things they said were clearly rehearsed, they had a better grasp of rhetoric and presentation than the Westminster lot.

Having said all that, I don't envy the job today of the French voters. A Royal supporter (?) described the second round as a choice between the flu or cholera. I think France deserves better.

I thought she was great in the debate but apparently the French thought that although she held a good argument she didn't actually say anything concrete.  I thought he was like a little boy being bullied at school by the big girl and continually avoided eye contact with her and was constantly looking for assistance from the two journalists.  The French however saw a confident man ready to do what it takes to turn things around. 

The advanced polls the next day saw Ségo go down 10 points.  If she wins today you can knock me down with a feather duster[:)]