A tribute from a 15 year old girl.

I know this may kick off the discussion on the political side of the war but this isn't what this is about, it's about the men and women over there not the politicians or politics. It was made by a 15 year old girl and I found it quite touching. I know it is about the American men and women but it could have just as easily been made about our British troops and how they feel.

CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE LINK

link edited to avoid page width problems

[quote user="Tag"]

Headline

'WHITEHOUSE MEGALOMANIAC STUFFED BY 15 YEAR OLD'

[/quote]

I'm afraid I don't understand that comment, with reference to the video.

To me this looks like the work of a typically right-wing American film maker, not a 15-year-old. It is blatantly pro-war. Why must we (non-Americans) suffer this in addition to the insult of the war in the first place? Every serviceman (and woman) "does their job", because they are ordered to do so. Yes we should support them, yes we should remember those that will never come back, but by no stretch should we support those who sent them there.

There is no way in which this war is not political.

When you begin showing war in personal terms, particularly grieving families you destroy the rationale, the Johne Wayne effect if you like, because you immediately say 'Hey these are people here'. This video reminds me of the unofficial Xmas truce in the first(?) year of WW1.

This says to me that if you don't support us we are not going to do this. Just where the US is getting to if it is not there already.

Bush and his clique have glorified this war in rhetorical terms but not ever in personal ones. This brings it home.