Gifts from France to England

So what do you all take when you go and stay with people in the UK? 

Wine, naturally, brandy also I suppose, but I need some other ideas.  In our case, anything like fresh produce is out of the question as we will be touring in a hot car........so no cheese, saucisses, chocolates or whatever.  Do you think Provençal salt would be welcomed?

Chrissie (81)

We could all do with a nice bit of good weather if you could bring some with you!![Www]

Its raining again today[:-))]

But if you can't oblige I'd settle for some help in the kitchen and the odd cup of tea!

Really I think it is very hard to find just the right thing to bring, when I go to stay with friends in France I always take out a couple of issues of our local news paper ( they like local news as they can already get national news on TV)  but before I leave I ring them and ask if they need anything, before now I have taken out: pen refills, vitamin pills, pork pies, bacon, greeting cards, the odd item for her horse and any items that they were unable to take on the plane after their last visit

Jackie

Yes the salt would be nice or any cooking ingrediants that we cant get over here truffle olive oil is one I like.................... also lavender goods soap ect in nice wrappings with french words on. Anything local, linen t towels with provence written on ect

But Im sure they will just be glad to have you , so dont worry to much about it , [:)]  

Thanks for all the suggestions - I especially like the sound of the truffle olive oil which I have never noticed anywhere but will now seek out.  Don't think I can be relied upon to bring good weather - it's usually just the reverse!  I'll be packing the wellies as usual....

Chrissie (81)

If you can get to Carcassonne they sell it in that loverly big deli/wine  shop my favorite shop in town , all so check out the little coffee chocolates they do wrapped up into a pile tied with string , very french. Most gifts I take home I buy from this shop.