Dangerous times.

Bannon

Just to share this for comments.

Went to Leroy Merlin with a mate of mine to buy some kitchen work surfaces - they were made of oak and 2.5m long so quite heavy as you can imagine. They were stacked up on end and so we started to load em upon the trolly.... we'd moved three of them when the whole lot of around ten fell down towards us. My mate managed to jump out of the way as he saw them coming but I was not so fortunate. In short I was knocked flying and finished up with my hand trapped and squashed between the boards and our trolly. I also finished up with 7 broken ribs and a rather nasty cut on my hand that needed 7 stitches.

The point of the story is to make others aware that these places are not always as safe as you expect them to be - I don't think the French are as tuned in to health and safety as we are in the UK.

Has anybody else had a similar experience? and if so what was the response from the store? We've sent a solicitors letter to them and have yet to receive a reply. In the meantime I'm having a well earned rest from work!

I returned to the store after about a week to see if the situation had changed and all they seemed to have done was to stack the work tops back up on end again with nothing to hold them back.

Poor you - that sounds very painful.

H&S doesn't seem to be as stringent here.  I've seen some things to make your hair curl - for example a member of staff teetering 15m high on the prongs of a forklift to get something off the top self  [blink]