The Complete France Postbag

chrisb

These old posts have obviously been pruned radically. There was a time when the format allowed you to intervene anywhere in the discussion to insert a comment or disagreement etc so you had several discussions going on at the same time. There were no moderators at this stage. Probably this system was just too lively and anarchic to control when moderators were introduced. ( Not intending this to lead to illegal discussion of moderators, just making an observation.)

[quote user="Patf"]TProbably this system was just too lively and anarchic to control when moderators were introduced. [/quote]

The several discussions in one thread format disappeared when there was a software change. The new (at that time) forum software didn't support the sub-discussion format. Which, imo, was no loss. [:P]

[quote user="Dago"][quote user="woolybanana"]

[quote user="Dago"]Well I tried to have some kind of dialogue on the Frenchie/Krusty thread but they are so locked into their 'nicey nicey' mode that there is just no point.[:(]

[/quote]

What dialogue would you care to have old chap? What depths plumb, what heights scale, what plains cross? Within my many limitations I am your Passepartout in this venture to the end of the world, well, the mods patience really.

[/quote]

You are too clever for me to be able to talk with you, I am the stereotype ex-pat with no brain, bad language skills, no dress sense and no original thoughts in my head, all of the things that you so despise, in my humble opinion of course.

regards

[/quote]

I take back what I said, you are not too clever you are just seriously wonderful [:D]

Post edited by a mod!!!