Armistice Day 11 Nov - holiday?

This year Armistice Day, which is a public holiday, falls on Sunday 11th. Does this automatically mean that Monday 12th will be a day off?

I ask because my plumbers (I call them mine and even call them plumbers sometimes!) have promised a start to my work on Monday 12th and I plan to leave England on Saturday or Sunday to be at the maison secondaire for 09.00 on Monday.

I have my doubts about them arriving anyway because we've had a couple of false starts already and I faxed a very threatening letter a week or two ago demanding a start on the 12th and suspect they've just said yes to shut me up.

I'll phone them tomorrow (Friday 9th) to try and find out, but in the meantime it would be good for me to get an idea from the forum of what might happen or not on that day for most working folk in France.

Suandpete,

As it happens I got here the night before. No show at 08.00, no show at 09.00, no show at 10.00. I phoned and they told me it would be 14.00. At 14.15 they arrived. Start time today 08.30 and the same promised for Wednesday. So far, quality and attention to detail is spot on. If there's anything more to say (which there probably will) I'll put it in the "renovations" section of the forum when I get back and away from this frustrating dial-up.