is anyone interested, does anyone care?

mint

Crickey you lot.  What venom spouts forth...  Remind me not to write a book about France.

Would research really reveal that landlords in Dubai expect a year's rent in adavnce?  Why didn't her employer tell her?  Can't be much fun living in a hotel with three young children.  Would be the makings a book though...

The thing that irritated me most about her articles was that there was always a large photograph of HFP smirking. Looked as if the Sunday Times needed something to fill a space.

But as Will says, she did sometimes present a bit of realism.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Talk about names, JR, would you marry someone called "Rupert"?  Rupert as in Rupert Bear?

[/quote]

No I wouldnt Sweet 17 and in any case I dont think single sex marriages are allowed in France!

Maybe a Rupella or a Rupertine peut être.

I see nothing wrong with doing no research and following your heart or instincts, there have to be some risk takers left in the world dont there?

I am still paying the price and taking the pleasure in equal measure for a total lack or research, if I had researched I probably would not have come to France or done anything else in my life come to that.

That said I dont believe her or perhaps she just researched the salaries on offer and the shopping?

I wonder how the children will turn out?

[quote user="Patf"]

The thing that irritated me most about her articles was that there was always a large photograph of HFP smirking. Looked as if the Sunday Times needed something to fill a space.

But as Will says, she did sometimes present a bit of realism.

[/quote]

I know what you're saying, Patf.

It's true that she always appears to be smirking.  For the first time, I have some sympathy.  Perhaps the benighted woman just means to smile but it comes out like a smirk?

Not just your ordinary smirk, however, it's a kind of self-satisfied, smug smirk!

'No I wouldnt Sweet 17 and in any case I dont think single sex marriages are allowed in France!'

I think there is an equivalent of the UK civil ceremony - and why not?

But how terrible that those children could be 'too French'.  In general French children seem more appealing than British ones.