La Poste

I sent some very important documents to Australia Wednesday week ago. I wanted their speediest service, but was told no such thing exists to Australia (which I don't believe as a service exists from Australia to France).

Anyway, I was advised to send it by international lettre recommande, which I did. It is now Friday and the documents still have not turned up. If I had sent it by normal post, it would have taken just 7 days and I wished I'd have done that now. Has anyone else found that normal international post seems to go much quicker without the bells and whistles services that the PO offers? I am hoping it takes longr because more care is taken in its transportation and perhaps it goes a different route.

Now have a weekend of stress hoping it turns up on Monday now.

R.

We have found that sending documents that have to be signed for or have a tracking barcode can take 3 weeks, in both direction from France to UK so it is probably early days yet. We run a Post Office in the UK and have found that if something goes missing it takes 3 weeks to turn up, but it normally does get there eventually, I probably shoudn't say this but if you need a traceable quick service you are probably better using a copy like Fed Ex or DHL.

On at least two occasions we have sent parcels to Hawaii from France and they have simply just not arrived.

Mr. Polremy has dark thoughts about French and US governments!

We also get our e mails returned if sent from our orange/wanadoo address.

Very annoying.

We are virtually being cut off from our son and his family.

Just realised, I am not being very reassuring.

I'm sure your documents will arrive safe and sound.

Just a matter of time.