singles site

Hi all, am new to this site, can anyone tell me if there is a site or thread where I can contact single people that are living/moving to/in France. I am a 52 year old male, divorced,house owner in France and am keen to make contact with singles male/female that have made the move or are contemplating the move. My intentions are to move out there some time this year. Would appriciate any help or advice on subject. William.

Welcome to the Forum.  There are online dating sites attached to all newspapers.  So if you think you like would like Guardian readers, for example, try Guardian Soulmates.

If you search on France as an area, you will find single people out who are already out here.  I know this because three of my friends have been successfully finding partners through these newspaper websites and one of them is marrying hers.

As for finding those that might be making a move, that will be rather more difficult but you could mention it prominently in your profile.

Good luck.  I hope that you find someone.

Hi

My reading of your message was that you were looking for friends, not a dating line, but I may be wrong.

I have a residence secondaire and am out here for approx 6 months of th year and would be happy to help with any advice.

There are a number of pitfalls but I can recommend it.

Wendy

As others have said, we are all keen to help people on this site, I can vouch for that. As a single 61 year old lady I made the move almost 2 years ago. This forum has been without doubt the best site I have logged on to since then, as my questions have (usually) been answered quickly and easily from the different members. If I can help in any way I'd be glad to. Good Luck with everything. If you are looking for a dating site, www.meetic.fr is the one for the whole of France but a tad pricey for subscriptions.

tuppence

Thanks WendyG for your reply. I am not looking for a dating site. Just friends for advice and guidance. However if a relationship did grow from this I would be more than pleased. I am interested to find out more about learning the language. I have heard of many private tutors that cost a furtune, but I would prefer something local and free. Is this possible? My house is in 47 near a small village called Tournon de Agenis. My questions will be many and varied, and hopefully I will get answers for them all. William.

Hi tuppence, thanks for that advice. Not sure if I am ready for these 'dating sites' just yet. I am told they are the way to find new partners these days, but being a little 'old fashioned' I would much prefer to let this happen the natural way. If it happens thats great if not well its not meant to be.

Alwayshopeful,

Sorry if it was inferred that dating sites were your way to go!!  Personally I would not pay to meet someone you've never met before, much nicer to " bump into someone"!  However, with regard to your French lessons, have you been to your local Mairie as they seem to have knowledge of all things going on in your locality. Where I live they (the locals) wanted to integrate with the English for social reasons including a conversation class. It works well insomuch as I learn more French and they pick up English. Everyone goes home happy! [:)]

tuppence