Spot the Brit Easter !

Mac, how long is that crossing and with what line, please?

Due to go back in about 10 days and trying to find an easier drive than bottom of Charente Maritime to Calais for the train.  Mainly the dog to consider; not too long a ferry journey so St Malo is out but Cherbourg might be a viable alternative.

If you tell me, you'd be doing me a kindness.  What I hate about booking stuff is having to try all the websites and I am left exhausted, frustrated and confused very often.

Hi,

Yup I am a tunnel regular user devotee....but needed to get over there quickly.

Brittany ferries Fastcat car plus 2 Pompey to Cherbourg £60 return

Takes just over 3 hours travelling time and take your seasick pills (Some people get affected by the slightly unusual way the boat goes through the water , like a slight corkscewing effect)

Good value but be mindful I was only going Sat to Sunday so effectively a day trip.

Normal Eurotunnel I drive across to Folkstone (about £20 Diesel) take train £39 Autorroute down to Alencon (2 x Peage about £35) then the diesel French side say £60 so....£154 x 2 = £308 and in time 2.5hrs to Folkstone say 1.5 hrs on train then 4hrs in France to get to where I am going         = 8hrs

Ferry £60 diesel  £40 (Round trip)  travel , I live in Portsmouth so say 1hr wait for Ferry 3 hr crossing and 2 3/4hr drive other side so 6 3/4 hrs.

Eating bacon sarnies and sleeping on a boat is more pleasant than driving!

Yes Mr Brittany Ferries....I shall be back!

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, Mac.  Great help.  3 hours is definitely do-able.  Not so much the cost as the drive through Rouen area that puts me right off.

Also, the long, long haul even after Rouen before you're anywhere near Abbeville, nevermind Calais.  That's before I think about my poor old mutt, travelling for hours, being on the leash for something like 2 days, having spent one night in a hotel and so on and so on.

I'd pop over more often if the journey didn't stress me out totally.

The Normandy countryside and the Cotentin peninsula must be a better option, methinks.

Mac, you've been great, thanks again.