I need to make a list

to assist with my move back to UK.

Does anyone know what utilities have to be given three months notice, does insurance, car and house, and medical?

There were so many fact sheets for what to do to come over here, but I can't find one on going back.

[quote user="mooky"]

Does anyone know what utilities have to be given three months notice, does insurance, car and house, and medical?

[/quote]

House insurance can be done with no notice if a sale and no forward purchase is the situation. This certainly was the case with a friend of ours who returned to the UK. She forgot to cancel the house insurance, so gave me a copy of the Acte de Vente and asked me to inform the Insurance co. This I did with no problems at all - they just needed a few pieces of paper to be signed - whenever - by her, and to know where they should direct the refund.

There is usually a month's delay to cover any problems which might arise with the property transfer and for which you might continue to be liable.

Medical insurance, I should imagine, would be the same. But car insurance might be a different matter. Are you planning to take your car back to the UK? If you are then will you not need to keep the car insured for the time being?

Sue