Signed for - post to UK

We've been sent recorded letters from France regularly over the last 2 years. Not once has the postman rung the bell and asked for a signature; the pink notification card has always still been there. These have all been documents for property buying from the notaire, or letters from the agency dealing with our residence - AGM notifications etc, not parcels. But I personally wouldn't bother unless I needed proof  I'd posted it off - which is what the notaire, agency had on their files.

Jo

[quote user="gardengirl "]

We've been sent recorded letters from France regularly over the last 2 years. Not once has the postman rung the bell and asked for a signature; the pink notification card has always still been there. These have all been documents for property buying from the notaire, or letters from the agency dealing with our residence - AGM notifications etc, not parcels. But I personally wouldn't bother unless I needed proof  I'd posted it off - which is what the notaire, agency had on their files.

Jo

[/quote]

That's my experience as well. I don't know if it's because our British posties don't realise what they are supposed to do with them or if they just can't be bothered.

I've paid a similar amount to send documents "recorded delivery" from the U.K. to France.