Tale of two cities

Kitty

28° would be my ideal temperature.  Yesterday 'proper' shade temperature we were 32.4° which I find too hot when working (try pushing two pre/toddlers uphill in a double buggy!).  Yesterday's temperatures in south/east England are not like that all the time though, it's just the occasional day.  Here we've had the best summer weather since 2003 - it's been superb all summer with the exception of one sunday in august when it didn't stop raining all day and I was playing mum's taxi at a horse show.  I feel sorry for the people who live in the northen half of the UK, it seems as though it's not stopped raining all 'summer' judging by the weather forecasts.

Like you Lisleoise I feel very comfortable when the temp is 28, so here yesterday was bliss! Not so good today, though, and like you I feel sorry for those further north and in parts of Scotland, with such a wet summer. Back to the Gard at the weekend, so hoping for continued blue skies and sunshine there!

Jo

I regularly check the BBC weather temperatures of Bordeaux and Bristol.  I have never experienced such a temperature difference (38 in Bordeaux and 19 in Bristol) on a single day.  Usually, the difference is about 5 degrees Centigrade.

(By the way, 38 degrees was the temperature recorded by our Mairie at 16h00.
)