Parisien purves ?

tegwini

[quote user="Clair"]I read it when it came out last month and I found the comments much more entertaining than the article!![:D]
[/quote]

This was my favorite!

As it happens, I'm 68. My girlfriend is 51. She is sane and educated (she has a Masters degree from the University of Illinois) and finds me quite attractive. Am I a pervert in your lexicon then? Because I have the gall to think I can date a woman who - looking at the 17-year age difference - could be my daughter? ****************************************************************In the States we call that ageism, and you know what Emily? I know that because I'm an ageist too, just like you! I've had these old women - women in their 60s for God's sake! - have the gall to give me "the eye" and otherwise make it known they are interested in picking me up and having sex with me! Aren't those old hags just disgusting, Emily? How dare they display ordinary emotions and desires, what do they think they are, anyway, human beings? Don't they realize they're horrid because they're old? Obviously they are perverts because I think they're too old for me. It doesn't matter what the actual age difference is, what matters is the bigoted way you approach your judgments. I'm glad the publishers put your little essay in the paper, it exposes you for the airheaded little twit you are. It's one thing to take offense at true perversion but quite another to hate someone because of their age. What will happen to you, do you think, when you find yourself alone at 70 and discover yourself attracted to a man 20 years your junior? If the guy is anything like you, Em, I'd just stuff those genuine feelings and desires deep inside you and return to your knitting.