Wild spring onions?

mint

This afternoon, whilst out walking the dog, I came across what looks and smells like spring onions.  They also taste like spring onions, except that they are tougher and nothing like so tender.

I have brought a bunch home.  Has anybody come across these things growing wild?

I intend to put them in my soup tonight and eat them as I can't think that they can do you any harm.

Any thoughts, anybody?

We have been eating them for the last week - I am mostly still alive - I think - they were selling them in the Grand Frais as wild garlic. Loverly jubberly free food!

Strawberries in the graden are getting big but still green - we have a secret location for wild strawberries there are millions in this spot. Keeps you fit as to pick a kilo means you have to pick thousands.

Thank you, Dog and Gem

Yes, soup was lovely.......onions, carrots, mushrooms, tomato puree, wholemeal pasta shells, frozen peas and the wild spring onions, of course.

Toast from homemade bread, cheese.............nice but minimum cooking !

That wild harvest is fab. Just make sure that you pick it in unsprayed places: only too often the roadside and  vineyards, are loaded with chemicals (weedkiller etc...). We have "poireaux de vigne" here in profusion, tiny wild leeks.

Wild asparagus are around at the moment, although the locals always beat me to it...