Water for swimming pool

Hello, Does anyone know if there are any restrictions about using your mains water to fill your swimming pool?

I don't know how else you would fill it really but the last time we had to part refill our pool a few years back and we got our usual bill they said we should check out if we had a water leak! They must have seen the sudden increase and thought we had a burst pipe somewhere.

Anyway a few weeks back we had to do a partial refill and today the water people are outside with a metal detector and a pick axe going around the top of our driveway banging around on the road. They are very shadey about what they are doing apart from they suspect a leak!! They did not ask if we have used a large amount of water lately so we did not tell them.

Could we have a problem with the water company or not? I thought as long as no water restrictions were in place and you paid for it then whats the problem, Unless someone know's better.

Confused about where you say that you got your usual bill, I am assuming that your water is metered, do you not therefore get bills according to your consumption? If so then should it not have been an extra-ordinary bill?

Perhaps they meter your usage but you pay in a different manner hence their poking around as they may be losing money.

No harm in keeping schtuum it seems to me but if your water is billed from the commune then keep very very quiet about it as the neighbours around me get very funny if they think that I am getting somehing for nothing or less than them, they not unreasonably consider that if someone is not payin their whack then they are subsidising them.

I think Thebiga was just meaning that they were billed as usual for the amount used.

We spent almost a year doing up our house but living elsewhere and we had a similar letter from SDEI saying we had to have our water supply checked by a 'plumber of our choice'. This was because we were using much less water than expected. Apparently an average household uses 100m3 in a year. We used 12m3 so needed investigating. I don't know why because if we were augmenting our supply (we have a well and storage of rainwater in the old fosse) surely it would have been none of their business.

But now we have made up for it as we have filled our swimming pool!