PayPal Account.

Bugsy

[quote user="Quillan"]

I am not too sure if I understand this or not.

I have just used your link and it displays 14 items located in the UK and a further 9 items located worldwide. If I click on them I can read the details and if I wanted to buy them I am pretty sure I could but I haven't tried because I don't need any. All of them ship to France at an average postage price of £3.99. I am using my French account by the way. So whats the problem?

[/quote]

It's Chancer's problem, not mine [:)]

[quote user="Chancer"]

Is it just me?

[/quote]

Looking at the discussion at the link Quillan posted above it seems there is a large variety of possible possibilities [:)].

Have you tried clearing all cookies? I have a program called Pest Patrol (from Zone Labs), through which I delete all cookies from time to time. It means I have to look up a few user names and passwords afterwards, but seems to keep everything running smoothly.

I know little about computers except what I've picked up along the way, but as people seem to get different results on eBay with similar equipment, programmes and access, is it possible that these anomalies are due to information stored on our profiles within eBay and PayPal?

This is what I get

0 results found for phillips razor head

[ Save this search and alert me later ]

Your search returned 0 items.

We couldn't find results for your exact search; however, we found alternative matches. Or you can try removing some options to expand your search.

I dont know how else to display the page.

Quillan can you order some heads for me, I'm beginning to resemble une barbe à papa!

Whats the best price for a set of HO8 (might be HQ8) heads from a UK seller with UK delivery [:P]

They are £24.99 plus £3.99pp.

If you have IE8 go to Internet Options - General - Languages and you should have English GB in there and nothing else. You have French or French and English with French first, it is this that is blocking you. I have just tested this and know it to be true. Change it and report back here Tut Sweet. [;-)]

Just finished work and will try it after eating.

I am sure that we have been here before and done this, got the tee shirt etc, hope that I am wrong.

You sound positive, I like that, mind you whenever I b*llsh*t I put on a very convincing air, no-one will allow me to join their pub quiz team now!

Thanks for your efforts Quillan

Thanks again for the help Q

I dont know if I have IE8, I doubt it as I am reluctant to install anything new on this old steam driven machine, I also have a French operating system so its hard to follow your very good instructions.

Anyway I did a few clicks on and around internet explorer and found something on languages, I had definitely been there before! I have French and English listed so put english to the top et ben voila I can now view the items.

If only I could remember why I changed it, maybe it was when I bought some things from ebay.fr or perhaps an abortive attempt to list something to sell over here, after sevearl hours I got pi55ed off and put it on LeBoncoin.

Thanks once more, can you think of any reason that I might need to change it back to French language first?

It also controls some other things like Google for instance. If you do a search in Google you may find that the results are in the language you have first, in this case English. If you change them back the you would get French results. Glad you got it sorted, you can order your razor blades now. [I]

Actually I always used the Google on the toolbar for searches in the French language, by far the majority that I do and have Google.co.uk saved as a favorite for the searches in English.

You are right Q, the toolbar is now the English google, not a problem as I can change the favorite one and just get used to it.

What perplexes me is that I know that I had previously changed the order of the languages in the internet settings and it didnt help me with E-bay, it certainly didnt change the Google search or I would have noticed.

Maybe I just added the second language without changing the order? Who knows? I am a happy and soon to be clean shaven bunny [:D]

Re the language settings, something weird is going on at first google on my toolbar had indeed changed to searches in Engish language so I changed the one in my favorites to Google.fr.

Now the one on the toolbar has revereted to French yet I can still search and find the UK e-bay items.

I'm not complaining as most of the searches I do are French I am just confused by it all [8-)]