RAGE

WHEN WILL THIS BUNCH OF MENTALLY RETARDED TOE RAGS STOP MAKING BANGS IN THE NIGHT. FOR THE Nth TIME THIS LAST MONTH OR SO I HAVE A TERRIFIED, BIG DOGGY SITTING ON MY HEAD AND QUIVERING LIKE A JELLY ON A VIBRATOR. IS THERE NO OTHER WAY OF CELEBRATING THEIR STUPID FESTIVALS THAN MAKING BANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bangs are one thing.  It's the thum, thum, thum of their so-called music that sets my teeth on edge.

Fortunately for me, I don't live anywhere near a town; at least not within hearing distance.  It's just a dull thud that goes on all night.

Unfortunately Wooly, for some people, it's the only way they seem to have to confirm their own existence or even express a certain  joie de vivre. I feel for your doggy, I really do, as I hate those bangs too, and always close all windows on July 14th.

Still it's morning now, so hopefully it's gone all quiet now and your household is fast asleep.

[quote user="woolybanana"]WHEN WILL THIS BUNCH OF MENTALLY RETARDED TOE RAGS STOP MAKING BANGS IN THE NIGHT. FOR THE Nth TIME THIS LAST MONTH OR SO I HAVE A TERRIFIED, BIG DOGGY SITTING ON MY HEAD AND QUIVERING LIKE A JELLY ON A VIBRATOR. IS THERE NO OTHER WAY OF CELEBRATING THEIR STUPID FESTIVALS THAN MAKING BANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

You should try the UK!

Bangs, whooshes, whistles whenever :-

- The local Pox Utd. FC gets promotion out of the Beano league

- Hubby's got a big sales commission and so we can afford bigger bangs than our neighbours

- It's Uncle Charlie's 53rd birthday

- It's Chrissy, Easter, Whitsun .....

- It's Sat'day night and we're pi55ed, innit?

... and of course, there are the weeks leading up to Nov. 5th

Oh yes, living in France (well this particular part, anyway) is a heaven-sent respite from the November 5th 3-month firework extravaganza in the UK. Also, New Year's Eve here is blissfully peaceful - not a firework to be heard. We can hear the odd distant display, (and we do occasionally attend) but they don't impinge on our sleep because they're so far away. But that was the whole point (or one of many) of living here in the first place.

My daughter used to have a website called something like 'What if' it was for ideas such as:

'What if the RSPCA research and marketed a range of bang-free fireworks...'

Anther ideas was:

'What if the back of packets of meals for one had details of a lonely heart looking for a friend...' etc

The second idea got her on Dave Gorman's Genius radio programme and won the genius idea of the year.

Still our dogs hate 5 November (which goes on for about a fortnight) and all other firework occasions.

Another idea was a towel printed with FACE at the top and BUM at the bottom.

ARRGGHH - I so understand how you feel as our dog Gatsby is absolutely terrified of fireworks. Where we lived in the UK we had fireworks for months on end - as different ethnic groups all competed for the best (worst) fireworks. It was a true nightmare- here we just have them for Swiss National Day on 1st of August, and maybe day before and day after if very unlucky. We go to France for a few days to escape. As we live so near the border, we flee deeper into Switzerland for a few days around 14th July.

Really it must be time to have a word with the Maire in the morning - do you know who the culprits are? Bonne chance, thinking of you, dog and Gemima. Maybe you could borrow Randy's woolie knickers to put on your dog's head?

You would have thought there would have been a blanket ban on them this time of year, everything is tinder dry surely when expended rocket or what ever comes back to earth there is a chance of it still burning??

Just heard a display going on this evening for a half hour or so obviously not too far away, my dogs are fine with them Elli isn't phased by them at all, black and white spotty dog isn't either but then he is stone deaf  Big Smile [:D]

I guess you have hunting season to look forward to next woolly Woot! [:-))]

Tim

why can't I see smilies ok on the input page but not there when posted ??

[quote user="pitway"]...why can't I see smilies ok on the input page but not there when posted ??

[/quote]

Do you by any chance use Mac's Safari as a browser?  I had similar problems with Safari on this forum; now I just use Firefox and it works.