2003 change in law?

JHL

Please can you advise.

I bought in 2001 a property in France (where we are resident) in my name for my children to inherit, my children all live in France. Also a property in the uk in the name of my husband for his children to inherit.

We wish to keep our affairs as simple as possible for our families when we both die.

Both properties are for the use of ourselves until we die. that was made clear on the purchase and is in our wills Both UK and French.

BUT, we have been told that since we bought a new law has been passed in 2003 giving a share to the remaining spouse.

I was told that there is a form we can sign so my husband can give up his share in the French house so that the house in France would be entirely in my name and ONLY my children would inherit ( apart from my husbands life interest)

Can you tell me the number of this legal form and where I can aquire it??

Any advice/ help appreciated. We are both in our 70s and want to be sure our affairs are in order.

Regards JHL

.... and also see the hugely informative discussion on the whole inheiratance thing started by 'Phil the francofile' on 23/5 on the subject of why he isn't buying a property in France (sorry dont know how to do the link thing but you'll find it easily if use the search engine)