What IS going on ?

Received three packages I've been waiting over a week for and although they are all from different countries, UK, France and Jersey, they have all arrived with the same labeling.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/P1010123.jpg[/IMG]

They have not been opened but are all the same type of padded 'jiffy bags'.

Weird or what.

Or are the customs really opening every package ?

the white dots are merely to blank out our address.

I know that they open some, but all three, unless the local douane have been into your local centre de tri doing a 'spot' check....... sorry couldn't resist with you having those 'dots' on!![Www]

We were stopped once by the biker douanes who checked our car over miles and miles from any border, so I know that they are not just at borders.

All have been posted in France and from the same registered point.

It could be that your senders are using the same delivery agents who make bulk deliveries into France using their own systems and then use La Poste to distribute from there.

Alternatively as suggested the customs but I doubt that they would (need to) pay postage on to you.

And yes like Idun, I have see les douanes on a mission well away from the borders.  One favorite spot seems to be the peage on the A31 at Gye (Toul/Nancy) where I have always imagined (probably incorrectly) they are looking from things like canabis imports from the Netherlands.

But wouldn't they need to put some sort of new postage thing on to it, if the original got damaged, as if there was none, the local centre de tri would charge postage...... wouldn't they? My son's girlfriend is just starting work at the centre de tri, I'll ask all about this in a couple of weeks once she has found her feet.

Strange goings on with the packets!

We've seen customs people at the peage at Nimes, a huge distance from any borders. We assumed they were looking for smugglers from Spain - it was the only thing we could think of. We were in a white, unmarked hire van, going to collect cupboards from a DIY shed in Nimes and thought they might stop us, but they didn't.

[quote user="gardengirl "]We've seen customs people at the peage at Nimes, a huge distance from any borders. We assumed they were looking for smugglers from Spain - it was the only thing we could think of. We were in a white, unmarked hire van, going to collect cupboards from a DIY shed in Nimes and thought they might stop us, but they didn't. [/quote]

We were stopped somewhere near Clermont-Ferrand by the "flying customs men" on a hilly road. Had a quick look in the back of the white van, asked where we'd come from, and where we were going, agreed that the climate was nicer where we were going, and that was it.

Strangely we were stopped by the Douanes we were in a small car and had bought some shoes, which they wanted to see and then let us on our way.

No idea why you have received the parcels like this. Personally I get so curious that I would ask the postie and if they didn't know, then the local post office and then go to the centre de tri and ask them.  I would find out eventually.