Price of Bottled Gas

Georgina

Price in Intermarche today 10 kilo = 18,94E

I find regularly that the prices of bottled gas are well hidden around here. I realise the prices change but why is the price and size never displayed.

anyone checked other suppliers today. I am going to super u tomorrow, I think they were doing bottles of 13 for about 21,E last week

I buy bottled gas at Intermarché too, but at my local store the prices and sizes are always displayed on the steel racks where the bottles are kept. A few weeks ago a 13kg refill of Totalgaz butane (blue bottle) was 29€ a rise then of 3€.

Unlike the "prix des carburants" website there doesn't seem to be an easy way of checking bottled gas prices other than actually going to the service station.

Yeah it is annoying that you cannot compare with out actually going to the store. super u however could not even give me a price. I had to wait until the petrol station opened tomorrow. You would think they would show the price and be a bit more competitive.

So that makes the Intermarche cheaper then Someone good at maths? ?

The prices are displayed on the racks around here but I agree it would be useful to be able to compare online instead of wasting time and fuel trudging around.

Mind you it's understandable that they don't put them online as to do so might create that rarest of beasts in France - competition !

This thread has reminded me that I need to get a new bottle damn it !

BTW if anybody has a 7kg bottle they would like to exchange for a 13kg Butane PM me. Need it for my little caravan for which a 13kg is too big.

I've got a Calor Gas 7kg bottle with some gas in it but I'm probably too far away to make it a practical proposition to let you have it. Quite honestly I've no idea what I'm going to do with it; we've been here 8 years and it's just stored in a corner of my workshop! I suppose I should give it to one of our friends to take back to UK.

I converted our caravan to use Totalgaz "Malice" butane bottles. This required a new regulator as the bottles have a clip-on type of  connection, and the regulator was fairly expensive (compared to the normal screw type), but I went for this arrangement because Totalgaz is pretty widely available and the "Malice" bottles are a nice compact size (6kgs).