Post service package sent back question

Hi All

Had a parcel sent to our house and it was not delivered while we were there. Our friends picked up the delivery slip from our post box early Nov, however they went to the post office today and they said parcel had been sent back to the courier it came from. I did not put my UK address on the parcel so how do I get it now? We are in the LOT 46230 so any help would be appreciated my French not too good on the phone :(

Do you mean that you sent a parcel to your French address .............. or that you ordered something from a French supplier to be delivered to your French address?

If the former, then it'll be in some 'unable to be delivered' warehouse somewhere (they only hold things locally for a week or two): I would guess that your friends need to go back to the post office and see if it can be re-consigned. The problem then is that the whole 'unable to deliver' process starts again!!  If its a small local office, they may be able to 'look out for it' and contact your friends.

If the latter, then it will probably have found its way back to the original supplier (there will almost certainly have been some form of sender ID on the parcel) and you have no option but to talk to them.