Sunday opening

In our smallish town (about 8000 residents) SuperU is open every Sunday morning throughout the year - and it's not a small shop. Leclerc (which is huge) is open on Sunday mornings in summer and, together with Lidl, was open last Sunday and will be next Sunday. They must get enough trade for them to feel that it's worthwhile.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its gradually changed since I have been here, all the food shops except Netto are open at lunchtimes and probably sundays although I never never go to them on that day, as I either do my long run or go to the fruit and veg market at Amiens.

Regarding Netto they moved to a much bigger and more expensive store opposite a huge Intermarché, whatever they call the ginormous ones, ut Netto still close for 2 hours at lunch  (2.5 effectively) including Saturdays and dont open Son Sundays both times when the joint car park is full of cars, they even got burgled at lunch time the robbers peeling back the tin cladding to get into the cash office, if any of the Inter shoppers noticed the Gendarmes didnt respond as they too refuse to work at lunch times even though they are on shift.

Thats another experience similar to the bouncers at Super U, going to the gendarmerie at 11.45 to report a robbery in progress, they dont like it one bit and get very very aggressive, I thought that they might even lock me up.

After 10 years both my Brico-depots (40k in each direction) remain open at lunchtime so I dont have to plan my day around them, the two smaller but still pretty large bricos in my local town remain closed.