STRIKES ! Can i sue for loss of earnings ?

Maybe this is a bit of a tongue in cheek question, but I genuinely started to think this through whilst ruminating on a train somewhere in the Alsace.

The ATC went on strike for an hour on Tuesday morning (Lourdes airport), which meant I missed my flight/train back to work. So I lost, not only the train fare from Paris to Lux (x2 as the 2nd flight was delayed enough so that I missed my 2nd train out of Paris), but the income from not working that day.

I am getting absolutely fucked off with the cost/hassle I get when travelling up and down France.  As I am an "independent" all my travel home is out of my own pocket. 3 times this year I have been stranded, either in Lux or back home because of strikes, and considering that I only go home once a month, that is a pretty high hit rate.

I am seriously thinking of finding a benevolent lawyer and taking the ATC unions to court.

I think that the cost of your lawyer would far outweigh your current loses. Although I suppose it would depend on how much you earn, if it is not a LOT, then just be philosophical about it.

It's France, there is always reason to fear a strike, not paranoia, just the way the country is. It is one of the reasons I never use Air France anymore, just cannot trust them not to let me down.