Brexit - carte de sejour

chessie

[quote user="AlbertInFrance"]There is no need for a formal language test for naturalisation candidates aged over 60, although when I put in my dossier I had to answer a few oral questiona about French 'culture': 'Name 5 presidents of the Republic'; 'Name a few French authors'.

More to the point, there are (I believe) different rules for EU and non-EU applicants and quite how a Brit applying after a pro-Brexit referendum but before formal exit would be viewed is an interesting question.

I got my French nationality as an EU citizen and the spouse of a French citizen and apparently it's a slower process if you aren't married to a Frog.

Sorry to come in a few days late. I've just wandered back in after a few years.[/quote]

Hi Albert, welcome back[:)]

So, if someone can tell us the questions to the test, we can all pass and be French[I]

[quote user="mint"][quote user="AlbertInFrance"]when I put in my dossier I had to answer a few oral questiona about French 'culture': 'Name 5 presidents of the Republic'; 'Name a few French authors'.[/quote]

Hi Albert, welcome back[:)]

So, if someone can tell us the questions to the test, we can all pass and be French[I]

[/quote]

Ta!

Actually, I had a sudden blank on the authors. I'm useless with names so I had to describe them, e.g. 'né en Algérie, écrit La Peste'. Struggled a bit with the presidents, too.