Plenty of accommodation in France !!!

I thought there was a housing crisis in the UK ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4309048/Syrian-refugees-500-000-six-bedroom-home.html

There is plenty of empty accommodation in rural France that could house this family and others. !!!

I feel sorry for the UK. Brexit could quite have possibly been their only option !

My point was Wally, that there is an abundance of unsold property in France that could house refugees. Leven sells them at 10k a time. In the Coreze, Limousin, Dordogne there are thousands for sale !!

Why don't France/ EU buy such property and elevate the refugee crisis ?

500 k pays for one house in the UK but will buy you 10 houses in rural France.

Interesting point Dave...

Let my clarify:

1) Some of those who voted Brexit are unfairly being labelled as racists or bigiots. Is that fair ?

2) There are thousands of Refugees/Migrants on the streets of Paris and camps in Northern France who's sole objective is to reach the UK. Thousands more will arrive this year and the year after that.

3) Articles like that in the daily mail are not helping to be fair.

4) Migrants/refugees being rehoused in France are either a) not welcome 'by some' (French TV) or b) not happy themselves and return back to the camps to try and get back to the UK. Some do settle I guess.

6) MLP will be in the second round of the French election. Will she win ? Then what ? What will Macron do if he wins ?

Where is all this going to end I wonder ? In or out, the UK and France have a big problem.

To be fair Dave the thread title and initial posting made no mention of the Dordogne or Eymet, perhaps he was having an off day [:D]

The French should stop the Eurotunnel service, it wont be needed after Brexit, reintroduce the free SNCF tickets to Calais and lay on free trains for the migrants to Folkestone, in fact they should create an extension to the rail tracks and create a transit gare at Coquelles, I'm sure the EU would stump up the funds for it.

You spoke to soon Chancer.

The UK infrastructure (particularly housing and heath) can't sustain the number of refugees/migrants wishing to move to the UK. Logically it just ain't going to work.

So this problem needs to be managed. Trouble is nobody is managing it. For me that is the role of the EU in this crisis...not the UK or France but the EU.

Now, there are 4495 houses for sale just in the Dordogne alone on Green acres...and lets say 5 on le bon coin. So 5000 properties for sale.

Lets say the average house price in the Dordogne is 200 k. 200 k x 5000 properties = 100,0000000 (100 million)

In terms of EU budget that is nothing. So the EU buys the housing stock of the Dordogne whilst at the same time injects a lot of money into the French economy. We solve the migrant crisis and the Uk may just abandon the idea of leaving the EU. Win Win.

Would that work ? No of course not. So what is going to happen ? There is enough housing in France (point of the thread) to solve the problem. 10,000 properties in the Midi Pyrénées !!!

"Why don't France/ EU buy such property and elevate the refugee crisis ?"

I'm guessing he means alleviate (= make better) not elevate (=raise higher) ?

Not that it makes a lot more sense to me. ALBF's recent encounter with the "real" Paris and the shock of discovering that it's full of dodgy immigrants, seems to have had a slightly unhinging effect.

Now, there are 4495 houses for sale just in the Dordogne alone on Green acres...

That is a staggering amount considering they are all seeking foreign buyers, clearly the reputation as pigeons is believed.

Its been quite a while now since I last heard  the omnipresent "do you know an Anglais who wants to buy my maison = sh1thole for stupid money"

5000 people seeking something which probably no longer exists would qualify as a religious faith!!!

Was actually trying to solve the migrant/refugee crisis !!!

Given no one is bothered...lets talk about something else.....I don't know.....how many sockets do you need on a plan de travail.

One for the kettle.......one for a mixer maybe. 6 is over the top I think on a 2m work surface. Definitely don't need one in the sink. LOL