Heatwave

We are technically in Herault, as my sig says, but basically surrounded by the eastern end of the the Aude, and today, thank the Lord, there was a breeze, which meant it was survivable.  I don't know what it got to in the garden though, which surrounded by high-ish walls is never typical ... and it must have been pretty nasty in Beziers, NormanH, nor, as you say, is it cooling down at night .. so I am in front of the fan (no a/c) and downstairs is tolerable, at least. 

I am suffering more from some sort of rhinitis, cold, cough thing, and that is definitely doing me in ...

Definitely cooler here today so may be able to cut the grass tomorrow if it continues.

Plus loadsa deadheading and weeding, yuck!

The problem is that my flowerbeds are chock a block so it is difficult to get into the beds. In the winter will plant some discreet slabs.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, a bit ch today, so shutters down, fans flat out and minimal clothing.

Watching the Tour however gives a degree of consolation, knowing that those poor riders are suffering more than we are.

According to the local weather forecast, the temp. is expected to drop something like 16 degrees overnight.

Will seem quite cold but can maybe cut the grass though maybe it will burn.