Mobilisation mondiale des jeunes pour le climat

idun

This is a good thing.

Makes me think though that this is the generation who's parents will more than likely have used endless disposable nappies, and wipes, the dreaded wipes without a thought.

Not only the government and businesses, but things need changing in these young people's homes too. Hope that they have thought of that.

Agree totally Idun.

Though must admit that using proper nappies were not totally practical for our lifestyle at the time - I heaved many times before having to go to a fairly responsible job. (OH also as we both did responsible jobs and did not use servants).

UK news this evening show some people who were totally furious about the climate issue. They were interviewed in 4x4s and were the only occupants - SW England of course. Perhaps they were in the wrong job - a better lifestyle if work was distributed more evenly throughout the UK.

In our recent visit to Switzerland it was plainly obvious that public ( not giving money to investors though) services can be the answer.

nb OH had a permanent bucket of nappisan in the bathroom.

Doudoune, of course the kids are right and should be supported, but they should also have the sense to reject the attempts by old politicians with their own, perverted agendas and dogmas. ( I see that Old Steptoe tried to get on the bandwagon during today’s demonstrations, for example.)

The solution to this problem needs totally new approaches and philosophies, not the same old ideologies designed for another age.

For example, no one yet has the answer to the biggest problem of all which is overpopulation, without a bl oody great war. Remember that most spiritual philosophies still preach uncontrolled breeding without acknowledging that this is the biggest underlying cause of global warming.

Do try and understand what I wrote, saddick

JC HAS only one way of thinking and sees his solution as the solution the kids are looking for. Besides they do not need old furts like him around them.

New people, new thinking, new solutions.

By the way, no one said DT and BJ were the solution, so stop your usual silliness.

Bottlt finished, it it? They seem to get smaller, eh?

Don't get me started on over population.

Adverts at the moment for Save the Children, with a young girl saying they are the future, and that is true, but IF I want to help keep 'her', then her parents are to have no more children that they cannot afford or care for.

And India, well, what a disgrace it is at the moment, moon missions and then adverts with abandoned children in the streets and us being asked to help. We send boat loads of money to India, and yet they have enough to provide orders of Rafales from the french too.

So as I said, don't get me started. Or I shall be writing for ever![:@]