Something special happened today!

We had hours and hours of very fine rain. I swear that all the plants just 'perked' up.

I was dreading the rain being too heavy and running off the very dry ground, but no, this surely is what all gardeners have been hoping for. I hope it continues for a couple of days at least.

A lot cooler, but that is OK, I have warm clothes.

Lucky you, Idun.

We were forecast to have rain from about 06h, heavy around lunchtime; it later became 16h but never arrived and now it’s disappeared.

Very disappointing as I was very much looking forward to it ; I’d even moved little tomato plants and newly-planted pots under the eaves for protection.

What’s the opposite of a wash out?

No rain here today but a lovely refreshing wind and sun and cloud alternating.

It was special for me today.  Went to my first Pilates class (décalée from Monday 11 March, yes a whole lifetime ago)

It was out in the open so lots of space for social distancing.  Nicest surprise was seeing 4 friends that I haven't seen these several weeks.  They were all milling round me to get my news.  And I didn't have the heart to tell them to keep their distance.

My daily evening walk was not "something I must do", not today. I somehow felt light of heart and feet.  And was rewarded with the sight of a butterfly that was completely black with a mauve and white spot on each wing.

How happy and contented I felt.  Then this evening, the sky is very clear and the moon is bright with its light suffusing the clouds around it. Sometimes you just HAVE to be glad to be alive, don't you think?   

Lovely Mint.

Idun, I guess your rain eventually progressed to arrive here.  Just after dinner time, a huge rain storm came round.  I'm sure we needed it as I don't think it has rained here in weeks.  Everyone was perched by their windows to watch the rain fall !

Much cooler today.  That's nice.

We had heavier rain during the night, so I do hope that those hours of that gentle rain, like the 'mist' type setting I would have on my garden hose, has softened the ground.

A lot cooler here today, but not cold either. Just nice and we have blue skies and clouds for the moment.

Wishing everywhere that needs it some 'good' rain and not torrential storms.