The new PM

I have read that M Jean Castex is "un vrai couteau swisse".  A man of multiple uses then?

TBH I wasn't sure whether to post this in a French expressions thread or here.  Such a descriptive expression and we can all understand it[:D]

Yes, Mint, I was struck by the Swiss knife reference too.

He seems to have done well at coordinating the easing of lockdown in France and is somebody union leaders can talk to, I’ve read, so sounds promising.

Mind you, in the first photo I saw of him he looked like François Hollande!

The article in LeMonde shows an amazing career. He seems to be respected by everyone, BUT, he has never never had a job in the private sector. Pity.

https://www.lemonde.fr/politique/article/2020/07/03/qui-est-jean-castex-le-nouveau-premier-ministre_6045103_823448.html

There is also much disquiet in France about to possibility of covid resurging when the schools restart in September. Which would be a challenge to him.

As often  with this programmes there was a good 'C'est dans l'air' yesterday evening dealing with the issues

As for Covid I wouldn't be surprised  to see it back  even sooner, not helped by waves of tourists from  ( and countries)  the infection  rate is still high..

A 'C'est dans L'air' special the other evening: