St Jean De Monts

midwifetobe

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have been trying to book a holiday in St Jean De Monts from 1st Sep until 18th Sep 09 and i have had a lot of response from people who have availability with mobile homes on campsites i was about to make a decision as to which one to go with when a lady got back to me and said although she has availability she could not rent me a mobile home as the sites close down on 5th sep and the town will shut down a few days later.  Does anyone know if this is correct because i don't want to waste my time and money if the area is going to be closed.

Thanks for your help

[quote user="midwifetobe"]

as the sites close down on 5th sep and the town will shut down a few days later. 

[/quote]

Welcome to the forum. This woman is talking through the top of her head.

This is the Vendée; we party until dawn all year long.  [:D]

Seriously, there are plenty of places open well into October and in fact September isn't a bad time to come as it's a bit quieter than at the moment.

It would be interesting to know the source of your information as the tourist office in St Jean will probably want to send the boys round.  [:@]

Any more info then pm me.

We used to visit a large camp site in Jard sur Mer, everything started to slowly wind down after the last August weekend and then the site closed about 2 weeks later, we stayed until close down once and many of the shops in the village were closed or empty.

I guess it depends on the camp site and where you are......

Its true certain sites do run down end of August but there are others who are happy to take you well into September.The towns are not shut down as Benjamin has posted  September is warm and one of the better months to visit . I will be there in the Vendee for the  whole of September and I am not expecting the place to be closed this year . If St Jean De Monts  wants to close down  fine there are other resorts that will be pleased to take you  further South with fine camp sites that will be open and pleased to have you .

For campers with tents  caravans or Campervans I saw a site last week less than 100 yards from the beach and they were charging 5 euros a night ....No restaurants or laundry facility but they were close by  The Vendee still represents great value for money if you look for it .

[quote user="Russethouse"]

We used to visit a large camp site in Jard sur Mer, everything started to slowly wind down after the last August weekend and then the site closed about 2 weeks later, we stayed until close down once and many of the shops in the village were closed or empty.

I guess it depends on the camp site and where you are......

[/quote]

Entirely different resorts so no comparison although it does go to show that the Vendée has a very varied appeal to all tastes.

Here is the St Jean de Monts tourism web site in English.

http://uk.saint-jean-de-monts.com/