Perpignan

Rose

Thinking caps needed again please.

We're driving down to Perpignan on Friday for a week. I'm keen to nip across the border to Spain for one day and to spend a day beside the med on another ... but where else would you recommed we visit? 

Also, does anyone have any campervan stops that they would recommend?

thanks in advance for any ideas :) xx

I agree with Brian. Hug the coast from portbou to cadaques, dont forget portlligat and Dali's house; then to Rosas continue via La escala to Estartit. Back to toroella de montgri turn south towards Pals pretty village on hill; continue to Bagur and follow hair pins to agua freda lunch at hotel high on cliffs; back to bagur and south to palafrugell with visit to calas at agua blava and tamariu; south again towards palamos and san feliu de guixols afternoon tea; back to P via girona and figueras.

EDIT: The Hotel Cap San Sal I discover is no longer, converted into a hideous appartment complex.

If you are going in the campervan then send me a PM and I'll give you a great place to stop. Beware that crossing the border into Spain takes you into coastal towns and villages where they don't want campers in the town at all!

I did this tour in the camper last September, from near Perigueux, and had a fantastic time.