speedferries new service

pagnol

Yes we looked last May? For the start of this new service - then was it August that this was supposed to start? We sent them an E-mail asking for prices,start date etc., they said they would let us know as soon as they had more info., we are still waiting. In fact we had forgotten what they were called so thank's for the reminder.

Karen & Dave

• 1 month later...
Hi all

This is wonderful news - I had a ferry booked with Brittany at 410 for a car and 4 people (inc. cabin) with speedferries it's 50. I will now cancel Brittany and book with speedferries. Has anybody travelled with these people before and are they reliable.

Regards Lynn

Do any of you good people know what the vessel is like? (I see there is a comment about it being like the P&O Cherbourg boat). In particular I need to know how high the car deck is. I think the summer trip will be in a Vauxhall Zafira with rood box. Unfortuntly, I can't see any reference to vehicle height on the Speedferries website. I've email, perhaps they will respond before Christmas.

John 73

It is wonderful to see some proposed genuine competition on the short sea crossings, but I wonder for how long the 25 single fare will be viable. The other concern which needs answering is in event of the the non operation of a crossing who is the reciprocal arrangement with and from which French port. I just wonder if in the high season they need to change operators how will they be able to arrange a crossing with another operator for 25.

I feel, only if and when another craft is introduced by Speedferries will they really be taken seriously by the cartel. But good luck to their proposed services, it has been a long time coming.

Baz