Speedferries Premier Class

Travelled premier class with Speedferries last w/e.

Ok got on near the front, but went all the way up to the top of the craft so when we arrived we were nearly last out!!

Cold coffee, no newspapers, uncomfy seats and staff who couldn't be bothered.

On the return we missed our intended crossing as got caught in traffic, had to pay 10 to get on the later one - even though there was hardly any one on it.

Again they had no newpapers although they did manage to scrape up some remnants of a paper three days old!

At least on the way back we were put on the lower deck, so were this time first on first off, although with so few travelling it did not make much difference.

Im afraid it was 40 not well spent!

Dale

That is a great shame, although I suppose we should give a new company some time to settle into their new role. I for one hope they suceed, to give the ferry companies some serious competition.

I hope your visit to France wasn't ruined by the journey!!

----------------------
http://www.sompt.com
Deux-Sevres (region 79)

I have not used Speedferries so cannot speak from personal experience - my comments are based on my reading this forum.

Presumably Premier cost (an extra) 40 you mention but the total fare must still be way below the others - how much would they have cost ?

No newspapers - SF is not WH Smith
YOU missed the boat and had to pay a surcharge of 10 - they run a commercial operation not a charity
Cold coffee - it happens but surely you didn't pay for it ? or did you ? The English don't like to make a fuss.

No doubt I sound unsympathetic and uncaring but SF successfully transported you and yr car - which is the object of the exercise - anything beyond that is frills and SF is not that sort of carrier.

John
http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

We crossed for 5 days, 25.00 each way.Did not see the point in upgrading.
We had a hot cappucino, too hot to hold and a danish pastry which was fine. The staff were pleasant and chatty.The journey time was 50 minutes as stated and as its the only service into Boulougne we were out in no time at all. The customs were very friendly and cheerful. It has taken 1/2 hour off our journey and we will be using them as much as we can.
I understand the problems some have had with being charged for being late or changing the booking, but in all fairness it is clearly stated.
As we have a short journey both sides of the Channel we can arrive at the necessary time barring road traffic accidents.
If you can book far enough ahead the prices cannot be beaten.
Bon Courage Speedferries!