Condor Ferries

Hi.
Got a bit fed up with looking at Condors website last night, after being on for about 10 mins could not find the 'special' quoted, and when I did, took even longer to find out it was not avabile, so being in a grumpy mood and being annoyed at costs quoted, emailed them, this was the reply

Good Morning

Thanks for your email on the 7th July regarding your unfortunate experience whilst using our website. Our current website isn't as we would like and is presently under review. We do endeavour to implement a system, albeit at considerable cost, that will present the many many variations on routes, vehicles and passenger specifications in a clearer and more user friendly manner. I would like to state though that we do currently receive over 15,000 bookings online on all our routes throughout the year including those servicing our main Channel Islands routes and the Western Channel routes your email was concerned with.

Regarding your statement concerning the alleged 'cartel' on pricing. I would just like to clarify one issue, Condor Ferries is the only ferry operator that publicise their fares within a brochure. Not only are they the most competitive on the Western Channel, not the Eastern channel where the alleged cartel has been investigated by the EU commission, but the service offered by Condor Ferries is in terms of our vessels and staff, widely revered throughout the industry as the benchmark for fast ferry operations. From time to time we do release special offers, these are regularly updated and can be found both in the national newspapers travel sections and also online within our 'special offers' section at

Kind Regards,

Chris Merrell

Marketing Manager

Condor Ferries

(+44 (0)1202 207 236

* [email protected]

Was I a bit out of order?
Marym

Well, I've got to admire that chappy for being honest in his first paragraph, so I'm inclined to trust him in the second as well. I'll give Condor top marks... I just wish they were convenient fo me to try them.

John (99 usually, but 73 sometimes and always in my dreams)

You are very lucky to get a reply from Condor to an E mail,I e mailed Nick Dobbs the md of Condor last month to complain about the reservations department quoting different prices every time i phoned and did not even get a reply.