Speedferries - back to normal service?

As far as I am aware, they are running as normal. I came back to the Uk with them on 18th Sept which was 4 days after service resumed and all was fine then. I have had a look around the normal places that i check in relation to them and as far as I can see there is nothing untoward at all.

As the saying goes "No news is good news"

Bon Voyage

The speedferries we are talking about is an independent company called Speedferries and runs a seagoing cat from dover to Boulogne.

They can be found at www.speedferries.com

I and several other members of this forum have used them. Very useful if you would like to start your journey in Boulogne and save about half an hour travelling the A16 from Calais to get to Boulogne.
They are also very cheap price wise.

Not quite back to normal. 

We booked, during August, for a crossing on Oct 22nd at 18.15. They rang me last week to tell me that they had changed over to a 'Winter' service and my departure was now 14.45!  Somewhat a pain as it meant me having to cancel most of the work I had to do on the Friday morning in order to get to Dover by 1400. They told me they had sent an email four weeks earlier informing me of the change.  I had deleted it as the only title on the email was -- Duty Manager UK 'no subject' -- hardly an eye catching title for an important message!

But they could change me to a different opperator at no extra cost. The nearest available time to my alloted slot of 18.15 was the 2100 ferry --  ie. arrive in Calais about 2330 French time and still have a drive down to our hotel in Bolougne. So no relaxing French restaurant meal that evening!

We have decided to go across on the 1445 Speedferry despite having to incovenience my customers and risk losing some business but it will be the last time we use them if their service is not spot on.

Just got home from a great weekend in and around Hardelot - Hotel du Parc - well recommended.

Speedferries were fine on Saturday AM - left Dover on time, the Captain was very reassuring about the slightly choppy seas and all in all very pleasant.

Came back on the 1730 today  - check in said we had a 30 minute delay - turned out to be 45/50 mins but once on board the captain advised that the delay was due to the late morning sailing from Dover having to wait outside Boulogne port for an hour and a half as a suicide had occurred when somebody drove off the Quay ansd into the dock! Not at all pleasant but hardly the fault of Speedferries (altho' some pompous woman did complain to the crew!!)

I would still recommend Speedferries and hope to use them again - altho' may revert to the Tunnel for our Xmas crossing - and I hope they expand and continue to provide a truly alternative service to P&P and Sea France.