Accomodation Ouistrenham

Russethouse

Hope that spelling is right?

We are hoping to take advantage of BFs offer next week, however we would come back on the 9am boat from Ouistrenham.

Does anyone know if any of the restaurants near the port are actually hotels too, and if so what there names are, please.

I'm pretty sure this was in the BF brochure, but of course I threw it away last week

Thanks

Still have my BF brochure so I've looked up hotels in Normandy and found this one near to the ferry port in Caen (Ouistreham).

Hotel Normandie - 2 star - few minutes on foot or by car from the ferry. BF say its simple accommodation but the hotel is renowned for excellent cuisine. Prices are £22. per room this time of year.

Hope this helps.

Hazel

There are a few places to chose from in Ouistreham Riva Bella. I would recommend Les Tisons as a good restaurant altho' no accomodication but Le Chalet is just a few metres away. As my mother in law lives in the Town we have never had the need to try out the hotels but I would be interested to hear about your experiences as we may need to recommend a place to family/friends one day.

Try looking here http://www.ville-ouistreham.fr/OT_Hebergement.asp?typ=HOTRE too.

One problem may be that some places aren't open out of season as Ouistreham Riva Bella is a bit seasonal.

The Blohaus bunker is worth a visit - it's the tall concrete structure on your right you see when arriving in the port - as is the Commando museum and the falme memorial.

Wherever you stay and eat I hope you enjoy your time there!

Regards

Thanks Andy, We have decided to put off our trip until the last weekend of November so we can go to an Antiques fair in Caen, we have done this before but if I remember rightly we got of the boat VERY early and the fair didn't start until 10.am so we need suggestions as to where to find breakfast ?

I entered the info and we can stay the night in France and travel back on the early boat which means we get the Mont St Michel both ways!!

hi Gay,

When in Ouistreham I am rarely an early riser so not sure if there are any places open when the boat pulls in - about 6.30am I believe?

Your best bet would probably be to head for Caen - about 15 minutes and find a cafe in the city - there are many and those close to a market will be open early. www.ville-caen.fr has details of what markets are on , what days and where.

I think you are wise not to travel just now - in our experience storms are more likely now than late November and we have experienced some horrible October crossings (13 hours in one case).

Regards