we want to move but do it the right way!!

angel

A strange question, Angel, and I'm not sure what answers you are looking for.

Assuming you've made the decision to move here and fully considered all the pros and cons of establishing a new life in a foreign country - language, sufficiency of income to support your desired lifestyle, location, etc, then it's basically the same process as moving house in the UK.

Where do you want to live (rural isolation or town dwelling)?  Schools/facilities etc.  Weather?  Proximity to airports for visits back to the family in the UK?  Availablity of work?  House prices?

I suggest you search the forum for other people's experiences and see whether they meet your own expectations.

well my parents live in mouton, merigny ( not sure which way round) its about 4miles from st savin! its rural!!!

we are not sure about money,jobs but my hubby was planning on helping my dad out labouring etc.... i currently practice reiki but im not sure how the french would take to that? im also looking into doing colour therapy....

dont speak french yet but we are learning so thats a start!

Hmmm...Reiki and coloour therapy in rural France?  Sorry but I can't see 'em queuing around the block for that one.  Also, labouring for Dad sounds like it's not a great money maker and dare I suggest it would be on the black too?

Sorry to sound negative but the reality is that you have to earn you way and there is a LOT of unemployment at the mo'.  Have a search in the archives on this site, overwhelmingly the advice will be to rent and see if you can make a go of it.  If it doesn't work out then you have not lost much and gained an experiance.

Hope it works for you and well done for learning French

[quote user="angel"]

well my parents live in mouton, merigny ( not sure which way round) its about 4miles from st savin! its rural!!!

we are not sure about money,jobs but my hubby was planning on helping my dad out labouring etc.... i currently practice reiki but im not sure how the french would take to that? im also looking into doing colour therapy....

dont speak french yet but we are learning so thats a start!

[/quote]

"You can't be serious" ..............can you?[Www]

I think you need to reconsider your plans, Angel.

You are trying to escape from the UK because you hate your job and you hate living in Nottingham.  In France, you won't have a job, you won't understand the language and even Nottingham will start to look like Paradise after a winter in the depths of rural France.

The realities are, your husband is unlikely to find employment if he's not skilled/qualified and no-one will be interested in paying you money for reiki or colour therapy.  You'll probably end up penniless and living off handouts from your parents and I suspect that will put a strain on your relationship.  You want to start a family, but think about what a poor start you'll be giving them.

Sorry to be negative, but you really need to think this through....

The right way is to get a job in France first then find somewhere to live near work. If you can't get a job don't come. Having said that many people come without a job to support them, and some survive, a few do well. But I wouldn't risk it if I was hoping to have a family.  Pat.