Speedferries - online booking?

Gwenhwyfar

I've been trying to book online for the last week or so, I know it says they are having a problem with their website but as I use a Mac I can't be sure it's not a compatability problem. Customer services haven't replied to my email.

Has anyone else managed to book online in the last week or so (I get as far as the continue button). Also, has anyone asked to have the 10.00 phone booking fee waived because the website isn't fully functional?

Have just tried it and seem to get up to the point of entering personal details ok, but did choose a date in Feb.
There is this message on the front page though

"Due the overwhelming number of visits to this site following the BBC documentary featuring SpeedFerries,you may experience disruption accessing sections of it. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible and apologise for the inconvenience. If you do experience problems please try again later."

Yep it's me again and I'm *still* trying to book the ferry! I've phoned twice but got told I was 12th in the queue, phoning their 08 number from France I didn't fancy hanging on for too long

Still can't book online though so I'm now convinced it must be a Mac problem. Is anyone out there using a Mac? and even better using OS 9.2? who can see if they have the same problem?

Off to pour myself a large glass of red wine ...

I am using IE on the Mac No choice but to phone - 10th in the queue, took 20 minutes of holding to speak to someone - well I think they were human (another successful charisma bypass operation).

Yes they have a problem with Macs and they waived the 10.00 phone booking fee.

I'm really keen to support Speed Ferries, having watched 'Trouble at the Top' I want to put money their way and it's an excellent price but they need to sort their customer service out.

Article about ferry crossings today in the Mail on Sunday. It mentioned £10 extra to book on phone rather than on web, but said there were problems with Macs.

We've booked our summer crossing with Speedferries today. I hope it lives up to our expectations. Enjoyed the TV programme, and felt we had to offer our support. For when we wanted to go (with dog), it was cheaper by £50 - £70 than P&O and tunnel. And SeaFrance was much more expensive.