Trans Manche Ferries - good prices.......

Harley

I have sailed on them.  Last year about this time I think it was.

Nothing wrong with them.  Basic.  Reclining seats, bar and titchy restaurant/cafe.  No shops or "entertainment".  Loads of lorry drivers who all were watching the footie on the telly....could have been the year before!  Anyway, it was a world cup.

Takes about four and a half hours and I sailed in about 1.30.  I was sat on the deck for a lot of the time in the sun.  I would advise eating before you leave though....

I was lying to you.  Came to me in a flash last night...things often do.  Sadly.

There is a little shop.  I asked the man if I could taste the Australian red at the bar and he said, buy a bottle and I'll open it for you...  So I did. 

We've mentioned it before here as being the best-kept secret on the longer channel crossings. The company is owned by a syndicate of French local authorities headed by the Seine Maritime regional council. There are two ships, one (Sardinia Vera, built 1975 as Stana Atlantica) rather older than the other, though there has been talk of updating the fleet. The newer ship, Dieppe (built 1981 in Sweden, formerly TT Line's Saga Star), is owned by the company, the other is chartered from Corsica Ferries. There have been some safety concerns over the service, though nothing too serious (apart from two incidents where the Dieppe collided with the quays in its home port, the erlier one being alcohol-related according to a French web site) and reliability has not been wonderful - but certainly no worse in that respect than Speedferries.