Exeter Railway Station to Airport

Have just booked a trip to Brest via Exeter (better availability, cheaper and shorter flight than Southampton)the downside is a longer rail journey plus I having to get to/ from the airport.

Is 45 mins realistic to get from the railway station to the airport by cab, any idea of cost ?

I have read the web site and it looks to me as if there is only a shuttle from the airport to the station, not the other way around ? Could that be correct - it doesn't make sense - have I misread it ?

Any comments welcome

Gay. Tony Powell who posts on here has mentioned about this on another forum (I will mail you with the name so as not to get into trouble) He recently did this trip and found it cost him £14 for a taxi as there was no connection to the airport or visa versa.

• 4 weeks later...
Finally did this trip yesterday, the trip out ran smoothly despite a 30 minute train delay (I had allowed a good 'margin')

The flight back was delayed by 45mins and when I got to Exeter airport there were no taxis. I had phoned the recommended company and tried to book and was told there was no need, but next time I will insist on a proper booking because in the end when a taxi turned up, 4 of us got together and shared it and we had a rather tortuous trip to Exeter St David, made the station JUST in time for my train.

BTW There are a lot of stairs at this station and porters seem rather thin on the ground.