claiming off 'La Poste'?

hoverfrog

I sent a parcel to the UK via Colissimo, containing a computer. The same computer had been posted to me by an English company.

When the company got it back it was damaged, also the containing packaging.

I have my receipt of posting (including the insurance element) and also photos from the company of the state it was in when it arrived.

I know I have to go to 'La Poste' and register my complaint, but has anyone ever done this and what was the result?

I would've been there today but for the sinusitis and chest infection...

yes I know I have to go and ask, complain, whatever, but any insight on what I should say, info I should provide, would be good :)

The fact that they gave me insurance for a 2K computer for 8€ does not fill me with confidence that it will be easy to get anything back.

Nor does the fact that the lady came round to the customer side and took the parcel off me almost reverently then dumped it unceremoniously on a trolly!

Your claim depends on the type of insurance you paid for.

If it was a fixed "forfait", then you are only entitled to the return of the insurance premium.  If it was an "ad valorium" insurance, then, you will be compensated (on production of the invoice) for the actual value of the contents, subject to the overall policy limit.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Your claim depends on the type of insurance you paid for.

If it was a fixed "forfait", then you are only entitled to the return of the insurance premium. 

[/quote]

I hope that was a mistake SD and you meant "entitled to the return of the postage paid"

mind you it just about sums up the ethics of most insurers[:)]

I sent a CD Colissimo, basic rate, which in the words of the addressee arrived "explose".

There was some difficulty because the damage hadn't been noted at the time of delivery (it couldn't have been because the postman just put it in the box without asking for a signature), but the addressee was eventually able to make a claim, for which I received the flat rate of 16 Euros.

The postage was not reimbursed.